The academic year at Samara State University lasts from September till June. Master's degree takes 2 academic years to complete; Doctor's degree takes 3 academic years to complete. All the faculties provide the full-time study. Post-graduate studies can be either full-time or part-time.
Applicants for Master's and Doctor's degree must provide the following documents:
- Application form;
- Academic documents, equivalent to the academic documents of the Russian Federation, with the academic degree, the full list of learned subjects and full list of grades.
For Master studies (MSc/MA): Bachelor’s or Specialist’s diploma
For Post-graduate studies (Candidate’s degree): Master’s or Bachelor’s diploma
- Evidence of equivalence of the education certificate which was got outside the Russian Federation;
- Transcript (the document showing the academic degree, and the list of the subjects with academic results) with a notarized translation into Russian;
- Certificate of the Russian language proficiency TRFL-2. If you do not have such a certificate you can take Test of Russian as a Foreign Language at Samara State University. If your scores are not high enough you can be conditionally admitted and will have to take additional course of Russian as a Foreign Language.
- Medical certificate confirming that you haven’t got contra-indications for study in the Russian Federation and at the faculty you are applying to;
- The AIDS test result confirming that you haven’t got AIDS, valid on the territory of the Russian Federation;
- Medical insurance for at least the first year of studies;
- Copy of applicant’s identification document with notarized translation into Russian, visa and migration card;
- Six 3x4 cm photographs.
All admitted students must present certificates of equivalency of their academic documents no later than December 1.
All translations into the Russian language must be made to the name and the surname given in an entry visa
All entrance tests are held in Russian. The applicants are enrolled according to the results of entrance examinations (interview, test). You can find the list of required entrance examinations here.
Letter of Invitation
Only admitted students can get an official invitation. To get the letter of invitation please bring or send the following documents to the Centre of International Relations and Marketing.
- the application form;
- the photocopy of the first two pages of your passport;
- the photocopy of your tuition agreement.
Upon consideration of your documents you will be sent the letter of invitation. Please, check the details of getting the visa in the Russian Embassy in your country. It usually takes min 2 months to get the letter of invitation. We recommend sending all the documents not later than 3 months before the beginning of the term.